Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Warm Summer Nights, Warm Summer Walks

Greetings to my three followers! You must be thinking, dam, this cuban is a hell of a LAZY poster!
Well that I am a bit, and my lame but true excuse yet again stated, school is eating up my life like a bus eats the road!!

source

Any who, its been very warm these past few days. I feel like Cuba's heat has transferred up to Toronto Canada! On warm summer nights like these, my mom and I have acquired a taste for going on walks at night. You wouldn't believe it but, plenty of things go on at night! If its clear, the night sky has plenty of summer attractions, Saturn and Mars are out, as well as some epic stars like Vega and Sirius. Also, occasionally you will see a shooting star, which we were lucky to find lat night, and sometimes even you see the Satellite or International Space Station go by! It looks like a great big white star passing the whole sky. Something else that's really wicked at night, is somehow the scent of flowers and trees give off much more intensely, I don't know why, but as you're walking by people's gardens or the park, its crazy how many wonderful floral smells you will be picking up. I love it ^_^.
I didn't get any images of the night walk, but here I post some inspirational photography :)

source

Last night my mother and I even saw a bunny! We walked by him just chilling there in the grass in front of my old school, and to try to get his attention my mother and I started singing to him. That's right, two strange women singing to bunnies at night hahaha. We sang The Beatles to him as well as Mocedades. T'was quite fun. We're the night bunny troubadours haha.

source

So, these garments here are what I wore on our night walk. Not dressed up for anyone or anything, just for the stars to check out a little earthling like me hhaaha. 

Backless Top - Thrifted
White Eyelet Skirt & Petticoat - Thrifted
Blue Floral Heels - Office Shoes










2 comments:

Spare me a few words and I'll return them with love :)